Mechanical / Piping Engineer (Amsterdam)
Mechanical / Piping Engineer
The candidate will be responsible for the design and specification of pipeline systems, pressure devices and mechanical equipment such as vessels, pumps and heat exchangers. He or she will develop, in corporation with other engineers, operating procedures, provide technical information, and write technical manuals of process installations ranging from experimental set-ups to large (pilot) plants.
The candidate is to expected to perform design calculations using in-house developed tools and should have knowledge of international design codes such as PED guidelines and the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code.
- Within this team you will be responsible of all aspects of mechanical design and realization of your project. This includes setting up the specifications and design concepts, estimating costs, the definition of work plans and their results and work planning, including the outsourcing of it.
- During the engineering phase you as part of the implementation team, progress and monitor the quality of work and design reviews, while the test plan set up to verify the specifications.
- Decide together with E&I and Process Engineers on design specifications, adjustment of process flow diagrams and P&ID’s;
- Documentation of process installations and experimental set ups;
- Complementing and filing of mechanical documents and mechanical calculations;
- The activities can be executed at the office of IPSS Engineering or in-house at the principal Shell Global Solutions Amsterdam.
- HTS Mechanical Engineering / Piping Engineering;
- Knowledge of PED guidelines;
- Knowledge with the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code;
- Knowledge of line sizing and piping;
- Calculations of vessels, pumps and heat exchangers;
- Procurement of valves, appendages, and rotating equipment;
- Experienced with MS-office applications;
- VCA safety certificate;
- Experienced with Autocad, Solid Works and / or Plant 3D
- Professional communication; Dutch and English (verbal and written)
- Independent and accurate;
- High standard for safety issues.
IPSS Engineering is an experienced company which can provide engineering from the Basis of Design (BOD) to the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) phase of a project, and which can complete the project by means of commissioning, hand-over and training. By maintaining a high level of competence in the fields of Process Technology, Process Design/Engineering, Electrical & Instrumentation, Automation and Mechanical, IPSS Engineering is a complete venture for turn-key, complex projects in the bio-chemical and process industry.
IPSS Engineering multidisciplinary teams are familiar with the complete process engineering design of installations to be built for solid materials, liquids and gasses, as well as their eventual (pre)commissioning and start-up. Speaking both from a qualitative and quantitative perspective, our multidisciplinary project teams are also able to substantially improve and optimize existing (production) processes following troubleshooting. During the course of an engineering assignment, the multidisciplinary project teams concentrate predominantly on the ‘Conceptual’ and ‘Basic engineering’ sections of a project (BDEP). They will also provide you with support during the following steps of the project.
If you are interested in this function, please send your application to: email@example.com
IPSS Engineering Amsterdam
Mr. G.J. Gerritsen